Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Bidding Adieu to Our Save the Dates!

Well, they're ready. We've lined them, addressed them, and then stamped, stuffed and sealed them!

Getting out roughly 100 save-the-dates was no small feat. Especially since Mr. BB couldn't really help. It's not that he didn't have the desire to help, but rather he doesn't have the capability. He has the manual dexterity of a squirrel so any task that requires even the slightest amount of fine motor skill is not really playing to his strengths. Seriously, he has breakfast sausages for fingers, just look for yourself!

Personal Photo - Mr. BB took this from his desk at work after I begged!

So, it's no surprise that I didn't feel comfortable with him helping with the liners, and I certainly couldn't use his boy-font style of writing to address our envelopes. He dodged a bullet when it came to stamping and sealing our envelopes, as I didn't get around to it until today and he's off at work. Next time, Mr. BB, next time.

I purchased a purple pen at the craft store to address the envelopes. For our return addresses, I had hoped to buy a calligraphy stamp from Etsy and use a purple ink pad but time slipped away before I had the chance. I plan to buy something like this for our invitations:

PaperandCalligraphy
Instead, we purchased 100 return address labels that matched our stationary from VistaPrint for $1.49. The problem is that the purple ink on the address label was significantly darker than the ink used for the save-the-dates. I used them anyways, but it slightly hurt my soul that we had three different shades of dark purple between the stationary, addresses and return address labels.

So, now I'm ready to send them off into the world. I feel like a mom waving to her children on the first day of school as they ride off in the big yellow school bus. I'm sad that my little craft project is over, but I'm super excited for people to receive them, and with my increased craft-confidence, I'm looking forward to the DIY projects to come!

Personal Photo
Personal Photo

Adios, little save-the-dates! Do us proud!

Did all of your save-the-date ideas come to fruition? Do you feel a bit sad when you complete a DIY craft?

No comments:

Post a Comment