Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Dressing the Part!

The day has come. A new dawn has emerged, for I, Ms. BB, am officially a wedding dress owner! And I have to say, it wasn't quite the traumatic, melodramatic, depressive little situation I thought it might be. It was, dare I say, somewhat pleasant?

Due to our budget cuts (and a $50 coupon we got at a bridal show,) my appointment was scheduled at David's Bridal. Our backup plan was to scour bridal consignment shops in our area for an affordable dress if the David's option didn't work out. We arrived early to peruse the selection and pick out some favorites. The place was packed, as I was warned it would be on a Saturday. I managed to maintain my composure amongst my ever-increasing dread and anxiety until I saw the consultant that I was assigned to - the nasty woman from my bridesmaid dress appointment! Yikes! I won't keep you in suspense, she wound up being really supportive, especially after I told her I'd rather be getting a root canal than trying on wedding dresses due to my ever-fluctuating weight.

I quickly learned to focus the search on dresses that had a very fitted form, especially at the waist line, as I found it really helped to suck me in. Then we learned that I was looking for a dropped waist and a bit of a flare at the bottom. No, I wasn't one of those girls who came in wanting one thing and left with something they never thought possible. Nope. I was gravitating to, and ultimately settled on the exact dress I always thought I would. I am not going to post a photo of me in my dress yet, as Mr. BB cannot be trusted. For your viewing pleasure, I now present to you......my dress shopping experience in pictures (my face is blurred to spare me, and you from having to look at my incredibly unflattering, awkward facial expressions):

Personal Photo
Personal Photo
Personal Photo - this lil' number was a finalist!

Personal Photo
Personal Photo
Personal Photo
 What do you think?! I'm happy to say that I looked much better in the dresses than I thought I would and I didn't let the posted sizes scare me. Ultimately, I picked a dress that I thought I looked good in, even if I didn't lose another ounce! She is due to arrive in April and I'm super excited to start looking into accessories and hair-styles for the big day!

How was your dress shopping experience? Did you pick something you totally knew you would? Or did you pick surprise you?

No comments:

Post a Comment