Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

DIY Tutorial 101: Invitation Liner Materials

100 envelope liners, eleven hours, three beers, two adhesive rolls, one glue stick and one roll of wrapping paper later...and my invitation liners are complete!

For me, this is a major accomplishment. I have never, ever completed a craft project outside of painting a Cub Scout Pinewood Derby car (by force!) at my old marketing job and my annual gingerbread houses generally find their way to the trash before I even get to add candy to them.

Not only are they complete, they look pretty darn good if I do say so myself!

So, grab a seat, and I'll grab another beer (Lord knows I need it!) and let's talk about how I managed to increase my craft skill level from that of a sophisticated 3-year-old, to somewhere around a Kindergartner who colors in the lines. I'm going to divide this tutorial into a couple of parts to ward off any PTSD I may experience as I re-tell my story. Just kidding...sort of.

I started by picking up some supplies at the local craft store.

Personal Photo

I purchased:
  • 1 cutting mat
  • 1 Plastic ruler
  • 1 xacto knife
  • 2 Elmer's Craft Bond dot runner
  • 1 Elmer's Craft Bond extra strength glue stick
The total cost of these items was $36.89 and that included a "40% off one item" coupon I printed off the internet. They automatically applied the coupon to the most expensive item, but had I remembered my "20% off total purchase" coupon from my Bride's magazine, I would have saved a few more dollars.
Personal Photo

The only other supplies I needed were my save the dates, quality gold wrapping paper I purchased from CVS for $3.99, and a pen (not shown.)

Now, for my next magic trick, I'll show you how I turned all of those materials into this finished project:

Personal Photo


What supplies did you purchase for your envelope liners?

No comments:

Post a Comment