Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Battle of the Bridal Bulge

It wasn't until this morning, as I was out walking the dog, that I realized I could hear birds chirping. I'm guessing they've been out there every morning this winter, but for some reason I didn't pay attention to them until today. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: spring will be here before we know it!


This realization alarmed me for two reasons. 1) our wedding is very quickly approaching and 2) I really need to step up my weight loss efforts.

In sum, I would like to lose about at least 40 total lbs from my highest weight of 161.0 (yikes!) So far, as of this morning (and after a night of Valentine's food-and-drink indulgence) I clocked in at 146.0. I'm happy that I've at least lost something, but for the past 7 or 8 weeks my weight has been pretty stagnant. Mostly, the scale hasn't budged because I've let my eating get out of control during the weekends, but I'm also on restricted activity due to a work injury.

In fact, I was so hell-bent on losing weight that I had put off dress searching until I was in the 130's somewhere...which, truth be told, won't happen now that it's already February and the wedding is in September...I pretty much need to have a dress by our 6-month mark in March.

So, today I've decided to really get my butt in gear, and I've made some rules for myself, which mainly include no drinking/light drinking on weekends and only ordering salads with grilled chicken if we eat out. I can't exercise until I meet with my surgeon in a couple of weeks to find out more about my injury, but hopefully physical therapy will follow quickly so I can at least get some physical activity in. I'll continue to use myfitnesspal to log my calories and weight loss progress. Luckily, I've still got time to make it to my goal weight, but with time flying by, my window of opportunity is shrinking by the minute!

Now that I have a better plan in mind and I've re-focused and re-aligned my weight loss efforts, I plan to stick to them and be more like this:


Are you trying to lose weight for your wedding,if so, how much? Have you put off dress shopping because of it?

3 comments:

  1. Operation: Bride Body is definitely a go over here! My total weight loss goal is 20 pounds and I'm down to my last 7. I actually started working out pre-engagement so by the time we got engaged and I wanted to go dress shopping I was in a comfortable weight range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I did that...we've been engaged for about 13 months already so I should have done that! Now I think dress shopping will be more difficult because I won't feel so great in my skin...should be interesting at any rate! That's awesome that you are so close to goal! Must feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to lose 20 pounds before our wedding in August. I bought my dress in November and will have it taken in if necessary.

    ReplyDelete