Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Cheap Elegance

I've spent the last couple of days obsessively tracking the shipment of our save-the-dates. I can't wait to get my little bride hands on 'em! In a last minute turn of events, we opted to not purchase the insanely expensive design templates for our stationary. What is that you say? How could I abandon an idea that I was oh-so-excited about? Well, it's simple. I found something better.

I decided to tool around the internet one last time and revisit some old save-the-date haunts that I had long since abandoned. Thank goodness for second chances because I re-stumbled upon a design that I loved and that came in the deep purple color we were looking for! I'm not sure how I missed this the first time, but I'm pretty sure it was because the 'more colors' button was hidden. Well, true or not, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Here they are in all their glory:

Names removed to protect the innocent :-)


So, where did we find these little beauty's? VistaPrint! I've actually used VistaPrint in a past corporate life and really loved them. Their customer service was great and I was always happy with the product. Nowadays, I've seen them recommended on the 'Bee all over the place so I gave them a shot. They're floral, they're deep purple, and they're awesome!

Best part: 50% off sale. Your heard me right, 50% off! AND, envelopes are included, with the option to upgrade to matching envelopes at an additional cost (roughly $0.34/envelope.) Our total, for 100 save-the-dates with 100lb, 100% recycled matte paper, was $58.58 including 7-day shipping! That's only about $0.59/piece! My only piece of advice is to make sure you opt to have no security tint inside of the envelopes (it costs about $1-2.00 to do this.) If you forget to do this (as I did,) VistaPrint will automatically incorporate their own security tint, which looks less-than-elegant for a piece of wedding stationary:


I called them up as soon as I realized I forgot to do this, and they changed my order for free. Phew!

As for now, I'm searching for paper so I can make some DIY envelope liners to add a little sumthin'-sumthin' before we send them out!

Where did you get your save-the-dates? How much did you spend?

3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I love the falling petals...so delicate and pretty. We got our save the dates from our photographer and they were quite a bit more for only 75. Though we love them and all of our friends and family love them, I secretly wish I had considered VistaPrint back then. They've been quite the lifesaver thus far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to write them off until I found these! Initially we had a really beautiful set picked out from Wedding Paper Divas, but when I got injured we had to cut the budget...I also wish we had taken engagement photos to use on our save-the-dates!

    ReplyDelete