Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Style Me Pretty.

This weekend, myself, Momma BB and 4 of my girls went to David's Bridal on the hunt for a bridesmaid dress. From ample research on the David's website, I came armed with 11 dresses that I was interested in (and that my BM's had approved.)

We began by checking in and eventually our consultant came over to ask what we were looking for. I wanted tea-length dresses in the color "Lapis." We started by trying on my favorite dress:


Ultimately, this one is "the one!" It met all the criteria: tea-length, deep purple, and reasonably priced.

The price of the dress was very important to me. It really doesn't make sense to make the girls pay $200+ on a dress that they very likely won't wear again. They tried on some dresses at the $99 price-point to no avail. Ultimately, this $140 beauty of a dress won them over with it's comfort and pockets! I still felt a bit bad about the price as I had made it my personal goal to try and find dresses less than $100...

Imagine my surprise when I stumble onto Weddingbee today and see this post from Ms. Hawk. Um, to echo her sentiment, "Eeerrr, WHAT?!" These puppies retail at $69.00 and they aren't that bad! Who knew that Target was doing this?! They only have a few styles available at this time, but I think it's a great and cost-effective alternative to the typical bridal salon.

Where did you get your bridesmaid dresses and how much did you spend? Does anyone have guilt over the amount of money you had the girls spend on the dresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment